Barjatyas Youtube Channel is meat heavy


Sooraj Barjatya who was famous or infamous for his portrayal of upper caste vegetarian North Indian households such as in Maine Pyar Kiya and Hum Aap Ke Hain Kaun has a channel on YouTube called Get Curried which is actually pretty good. It boasts of great production values , good hosts who communicate well and alluring recipes. All wonderful. What I find amusing and hypocritical though is that Barjatya is a guy who doesnt even allow meat dishes on his set so much that when Abhishek Bacchan got tired of the veg fare and distributed chicken to his unit, Barjatya didnt speak to AB for days.

Now this veg fanatic has seen the writing on YouTube' algorithm wall where butter chicken ,chicken tikka masala,biryani and kababs are on high demand and simply sold out his principles to cash in.  Every other dish in Get Curried involves meat. I remember him reading a interview with him by a fawning reviewer about how he avoids the hero drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes or eat meat. At this rate at which he going I suppose the Barjatyas may be on board to produce Sacred Games 3 with even nudity, cussing, violence and drug abuse.

I dont mind people eating or drinking what they please or promoting their tastes but it is this type of shameless hypocrisy that really aggravates me.

Comments

  1. I asked you something re: making a few YouTube videos on the issue of climate. Although I prefer remaining anonymous, I am willing to trade it if I can get a wider audience.

    As it stands today, the only language I know well is Tamil. Is it possible to reach a wider audience if I use English or do I need to speak Hindi (because my Hindi is at the elementary level)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you have to offer on the subject that is factual, interesting ,entertaining and original?
    It does not matter if you are pro of anti climate change (I lean towards "anti")

    What is the audience for this subject in Tamil. I cant imagine its high but if you can create an audience as its passion project then why not? Perhaps start off in Tamil with captions in English and as it gains momentum make it English and Hindi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very anti-climate change propaganda because I have seen evidence to the contrary with my own eyes. No Arctic ice melting, no global temperatures rising, no sea levels rising, no polar bear extinction, no glaciers melting, nothing.

      No one in Tamil is interested in this matter, sadly. They are more interested in other things, so I think I may have to stick to English.

      Let us see.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ajit Vadakayil: Deranged lunatic

Why are our super patriots so insecure?

Nationalism vs Religion Dichotomy: A response to Sagar M